Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan was born on 2nd June 1961, in Nagercoil, Kanya Kumari District, Tamilnadu. Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan took charge as Governor of Telangana on 8th September 2019 and happens to be the 1st woman to hold this Office.
She has a remarkable public & social service background spanning over 20 years. She also has an illustrious political career in last two decades where she has successfully led the state unit of a political party with noteworthy accomplishments.
Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan started her career as a medical practitioner after completing her M.B.B.S., P.G. in Gynecology (DGO). She has undertaken special training on Ultrasound & Fetal Therapy at Toronto, Canada. She worked as an Assistant Professor (Department of Gynecology at Sri Rama Chandra Medical College – Chennai) for 7 years & resigned in 2003 for full time political engagements.
She nurtures great devotion towards public service and enhancement of living standards of common people with focus on health and education as a prime agenda. She has donned the hat of being a State Head of a political party & steering it with exemplary management skills & pro-people service milieu.
Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan is a proud recipient of an international award titled “ International Rising Star of the Year – 2018” by multi Ethnic advisory task force, USA under US Congressman Danny. K. Davis for her services to the society especially in the field of Politics, Public and Medical Services.
Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan is known for her strong advocacy towards uplifting living standards of people through better health and preventive care. She is a great admirer of social & cultural strengths of our country and very considerate towards inclusion of values & humility right at basic education system & upwards.
Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan happens to be very focused towards development of society and well-being of citizens even at last mile.
Medicine as Profession & Career
||Doctor (MBBS, DGO)
||Post Graduate in Gynecology
||Sonology & Fetal Therapy (Canada, Australia & London)
||Worked as Asst. Professor (Department of Gynecology at Sri Rama Chandra Medical College – Chennai) for 7 years & resigned in 2003 for full time political engagements
||Madras Medical College
|1999 to 2001
||South Chennai District Medical Wing Secretary.
|2001 to 2004
||State General Secretary Medical Wing
|2004 to 2005
||Zonal in-charge (3 districts)
|2005 to 2007
||All India Co-convener (Medical Wing or Southern States) & State Spokesperson
|2007 to 2010
||State General Secretary (Tamilnadu BJP parent body) & State Spokesperson
|2010 to 2013
||State Vice President (Tamilnadu BJP parent body) & State Spokesperson
|2013 to Aug 2014
||National Secretary ( All India BJP) & State Spokesperson
|Aug 2014 till 1st Sep 2019
||Tamilnadu State President – BJP
- Vice President of Tamil Literary Forum
- Contribution for Medical Science (Author of 2 medical books “Guidelines to Sonology”)
- 2 books on our Honorable Prime Minister Modi Ji
(“Achievements of Modi Ji – Tamil” & “ Modi Ji Srilankan Visit”)
- A book on “How to win Elections”
- A book on “Quotes of Shri Amit Shah Ji”
- A book in Tamil literature “Sips of Tea”
- Literary & political articles in several Tamil & English Magazine
- Strong Debater & Orator – Conducted Programme for Student’s Public speaking Skills & Talent development initiative in a popular Tamil TV Channel for 10 years
- Social Service activities - Women Empowerment, Preventive Health Programs & Medical camps for Women
- Tamil Translator for all our National Leaders speeches
- Director (Independent Charge), Bharat Petroleum Corporation of India- till 1st Sep 2019.
- Writer & content contributor with many literary organizations of social repute.
For Hon'ble Governor's appointment,
please email to: